Condo Insurance Illinois
Enter your zip code below to start your quote
You can pick up from where you left by retrieving your quote below.Search by Quote ID → Search by Date of Birth
What Every Illinois Condo Needs
If you're not ready for a house, or just don't need all that room, purchasing a condo may be the best choice for you. Just as the price of a condo will vary between cities like Chicago, Plainfield, Springfield, and Champaign, so will the risk of stolen or damaged goods. Fear not, Mercury Insurance is here to help you protect your condo and make sure you're not overpaying to protect your investment.
- Auto Insurance
- Home Insurance
- Condo Insurance
- Renters Insurance
- Umbrella Insurance
- Mechanical Protection
- Business Auto Insurance
Customized Protection for the Illinois Condo-Owner
Condo owners have different protection needs than homeowners and renters. Location is also a key factor when purchasing coverage; for example, a condo owner in Chicago is much less worried about a tornado than a condo owner further out in the suburbs. Condos located in the densely populated city, might be more susceptible to theft compared to one in a small town. Mercury Insurance understands these needs and is here to help. Mercury has local agents throughout Illinois to help customize a protection play that meets your specific needs.
According to the Illinois Law Enforcement Agency Uniform Crime Reports, there were over 300,000 property crimes reported in 2012, resulting in millions in stolen and damaged goods. At Mercury, we hope you never have to experience a burglary, but in the event you do, our claims team will be there to get you back on your feet in no time. With a wide range of coverage options, you can rest easy knowing that you're protected. Here are some of the coverage options available:
- Personal Property:
- Provides coverage for your household items in the event of fire, theft or other covered loss. Did you know that most condo association policies don't provide coverage for your personal belongings? Be sure you have the proper coverage to protect your belongings.
- Additional Personal Property:
- Provides additional coverage for antiques, fine art, jewelry and other valuables.
- Additions and Alterations:
- Provides coverage for fixtures and improvements, such as cabinets, flooring and lighting, as well as other free standing structures that may not be covered by your condo association's policy.
- Loss Assessment:
- Provides additional coverage in the event your condo association levies an assessment on each condo owner to make common area repairs for a covered loss.
- Additional Living Expenses:
- Provides coverage for living expenses if your home becomes uninhabitable as a result of a covered loss.
- Personal Liability Protection:
- Pays for bodily injury or property damage caused to others as a result of a covered incident.
- Guest Medical Protection:
- Pays medical expenses for your guests who are accidentally injured on your property.
- Workers’ Comp Coverage:
- Pays medical expenses for your personal part-time employees, such as nannies or maids, who are injured on the job.
- Condos Rented to Others:
- Provides liability and contents coverage on your condo when you rent it to others.
In Illinois, Discounts Matter:
Keep discounts in mind when shopping for a condo because there are plenty of ways to save extra on insurance when you buy smart. Many Illinois condos come with added safety measures and structural advancements that can help protect you from accidents or theft. When you buy smart, Mercury wants to reward you with helpful discounts. Ask a local Mercury agent about these and other discounts when considering a condo in Illinois:
- Multi-Policy (Auto + Condo)
- Gated Community
- Smoke Alarms
- Security Monitoring
- Selecting a higher deductible.
Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation